Civil Peace Worker (m/f/d) in Kramatorsk/Ukraine
For our CPS-project Empowerment of civil society for non-violent conflict transformation with state actors we are looking for a Civil Peace Worker in Kramatorsk/Ukraine together with our partner organisation Foundation for Community Development, Kramatorsk.
Field of work:
As an integrated International Peace Worker you will support a Kramatorsk-based nongovernmental organisation in setting up a project in which you jointly develop, spread and document constructive models of nonviolent conflict transformation between civil society actors and governmental institutions in Ukraine, with a special focus on the Donetska region. Together with colleagues and advisors from the partner organization you will work on providing formal and informal citizen groups with opportunities for receiving training and advice in order to be enabled to work constructively on conflicts and to get engaged in constructively addressing citizens’ needs.
- Planning, implementing and monitoring the CPS project together with a local peace worker in Kramatorsk
- Promotion of success stories of nonviolent activities in Ukraine
- Public relations and networking in the range of nonviolent activism regarding state and civil society actors
- Supporting the partner organisation in processes of organizational development and capacity building in accordance with identified needs
- Developing concepts and projects for nonviolent activism and nonviolent conflict transformation, particularly regarding state-citizen relations as well as facilitating critical awareness for the positive effects of nonviolent conflict transformation in comparison to the intention to settle conflicts with violent means
- Supporting and assisting initiatives of the Foundation for Community Development (amongst others: project management activities, communication, supporting the design of trainings and seminars when required)
- Supporting the production of media products describing the outcomes of the joint cooperation
- Ascertaining accurate financial transactions and reporting in regular communication with the KURVE Wustrow main office
- Close cooperation with the country coordinator on ongoing conflict and security analysis
- Supporting the networking and public relation activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany if applicable
- Relevant university or similar degree (e.g. in peace and conflict studies, political science, Slavonic or regional studies, social sciences, educational sciences) - ideally with a focus on Eastern Europe
- Relevant qualification in the field of civil nonviolent conflict transformation
- Intercultural competence and the ability to work independently as well as in a dynamic local team in Kramatorsk and surrounding towns of Donetska region
- Sound knowledge and experience in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation as well as experience with nonviolent social movements
- Several years of practical work experience with NGOs, in intercultural teams and/or abroad
- Experience in project management activities
- Willingness to regularly travel to Ukrainian controlled territories in Donbas (Donetska and Luhansk region)
- Ability to reflect one’s own role regarding the specific context and the willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Ukrainian civil society environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of the context and work experience in Ukraine would be an asset
- Professional command of English and sound knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian (or the willingness to learn Ukrainian/Russian)
- German language skills would be an asset
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens, incl. EEA plus Switzerland) until December 31st, 2023. The contract including a preparation period in Germany would commence on February 1st, 2020.
For your application please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Ukraine_FFK_FCD until November 4thth, 2019.
The selection day will be held in Wustrow (Wendland, Germany) on November 20th, 2019.
Demokratieförderung/Zivilgesellschaft/Governance, Friedensentwicklung/Krisenprävention, Medien/Kommunikation
KURVE Wustrow - Bildungs- und Begegnungsstätte für gewaltfreie Aktion e. V. (KURVE)
Die KURVE Wustrow - Bildungs- und Begegnungsstätte für gewaltfreie Aktion e.V. wurde 1980 mit dem Ziel gegründet, einen Beitrag dazu zu leisten, dass Betroffenheit über kriegerische Auseinandersetzungen, ökologische Zerstörung und soziale Ungerechtigkeit in überlegtes gewaltfreies Handeln umgesetzt werden kann.…[mehr]