Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Programme Coordinator South Sudan (m/f/nb), based in Vienna, Austria
Light for the World International is an international disability and development organization whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
Our programmes include:
- Eyesight – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
- Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
- Empowerment – advocating for the health and rights of people with disabilities in their societies and within development efforts
We focus on the poorest and hardest to reach because that’s where we will have the biggest impact. We create change through local people, organizations and structures because we want our impact to last.
We are in the process of expanding our team in Vienna and looking for a committed and passionate Programme Coordinator for South Sudan.
As a Programme Coordinator you are responsible for further developing the programmatic and strategic approach in your assigned country. This includes strategic planning, the identification, development and monitoring of projects, the monitoring of project progress, the financial management of the projects as well as the contract management. The submission and processing of institutional project funding and co-financed projects are also part of your remit.
You disseminate relevant regional and international information and you also support capacity development processes.
By closely working with our local offices and project partners you represent Light for the World International and build up and maintain relationships with key players in the respective partner countries.
- In-depth experience in development cooperation and humanitarian aid, with professional work experience in developing countries
- Experience in development and coordination of programmes/projects
- Capable of accompanying numerous projects side by side and creating synergies between projects and project partners
- Experience in the management of co-financed projects
- A high interest and expertise in rights and the needs of disabled people, in health, education and rehabilitation is essential for this position
- Excellent communicator with a solution-oriented and convincing personality - equipped with cultural empathy and intercultural sensitivity
- Well able to guide and support colleagues working in different contexts and countries
- Excellent English and German language skills, other languages would be an advantage
- Willingness to regularly traveling to the partner countries
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organization with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna, regular international travel will be required. The position requires a work permit for the EU.
For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 39.000,-(based on 40hrs/week) commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen. Entry date: as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than March 1st 2020. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool under www.light-for-the-world.org/work-with-us. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please also refer to the salary information and let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Light for the World International
Bildung/Berufsbildung, Gesundheit/Soziale Sicherung, Humanitäre Hilfe
Light for the World International / Licht für die Welt (L-I)
Light for the World / Licht für die Welt ist eine international tätige Fachorganisation, die sich in Projekten in Afrika, Asien, Lateinamerika und Südosteuropa für blinde und anders behinderte Menschen einsetzt. Wir arbeiten eng mit lokalen Partnern, Augenkliniken und Organisationen für Menschen mit Behinderung zusammen. Das ermöglicht uns, Spenden gezielt und nachhaltig einzusetzen, dauerhafte Strukturen zu schaffen und den Weg für eine i…[mehr]