Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Global Health Advisor
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
The Quality, Evidence & Learning department promotes the implementation of internal and international quality standards in humanitarian aid and development cooperation. We provide guidance on important aspects of our work and offer advice in the core sectors of our work, in general project cycle management and in monitoring & evaluation. We also organise training and learning events in the form of online webinars, face-to-face trainings and regional learning forums.
To ensure and further develop our global work in the area of health, we are looking for a Global Health Advisor to start as soon as possible (part-time possible).
As a Global Health Advisor in the Quality, Evidence & Learning department, you will strengthen the expertise and performance of our staff both at our headquarters and in our countries of operation, as well as our Pool of Experts for emergency relief operations. Your duty station will ideally be in Cologne, but there is flexibility within Germany.
- Advise the management and the organisation on strategic issues related to our health sector
- Preparation of guidelines on the topic of health to build expertise and implementation in our programme locations worldwide
- Advising and training project teams and partner organisations on project proposal writing and implementation of MI-specific and international health standards
- Preparation of funding applications to international donors and the private sector for projects and programmes in the field of health
- Monitoring and supporting the implementation of health measures at headquarters and at all relevant MI locations
- Advising/supporting procurement of medical supplies, consumables and medicines
- Needs assessment, development and follow-up of MI training guidelines and capacity development plans for staff and partner organisations
- Representation of MI in national and international committees and networks, e.g. German Health Alliance, Global Health Cluster, WHO etc.
- Support of the Emergency Medical Team (EMT) of the MI emergency department in trainings and in cases of emergency as well as in the further development of the EMT (SOPs, innovations, certification)
- Advising on emergency operations, if necessary also conducting assessments in the event of an operation
- Participation in the conception and implementation of trainings and exercises for the Pool of Experts
- You have a university degree in medicine, public health or similar
- You have very good professional knowledge and several years of experience in the health sector of humanitarian aid and development cooperation; knowledge of the One Health approach is an advantage
- You have many years of experience in advising and managing complex health projects, including monitoring/evaluation as well as developing and implementing training measures
- You are familiar with the international standards of development cooperation and humanitarian aid
- You are business fluent in English and have a very good command of French; further foreign language skills (especially German and Spanish) are an advantage
- You have strategic thinking, excellent networking skills and a high level of personal commitment and flexibility
- You are fit to work in tropical regions and willing to travel to remote locations
What we offer:
- A responsible and exciting job in a committed, international working environment
- The possibility of business trips to our project locations
- Access to coaching as well as professional and personal development opportunities, also through our Malteser Academy
- A modern, well-equipped workplace in Cologne and a subsidy for public transport; your duty station will ideally be in Cologne, but there is flexibility within Germany
- Flexible working hours and mobile working by arrangement as well as a good reconciliation of work and family life
- A full-time or part-time position limited to two years with the option of extension
- Adequate compensation according to AVR-Caritas including Christmas and holiday pay, child allowance as well as a company pension scheme and other social benefits
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.
T: +49 (0)221 9822-7142
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online at our job portal until 11 June 2023.
Gesundheit/Soziale Sicherung, Humanitäre Hilfe
Malteser Hilfsdienst e.V. - Malteser International (Malteser International)
Malteser International ist das internationale Hilfswerk des Malteserordens für humanitäre Hilfe weltweit. …[mehr]