Program Administrator (m/f) in Iraq
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International is working in Iraq since 2014, mainly through local partner organizations. Malteser International is now starting a new large-scale program to encourage the return of displaced minorities to the Ninewa Plains. While the program will initially have a strong focus on the repair and reconstruction of damaged houses, over time it will be broadened to an integrated regional development program.
In support of our work in Iraq, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Erbil based
As Program Administrator, you will be responsible for the financial, administrative and logistics management of our operation, ensuring and maintaining compliance with Malteser International and donor procedures, standards as well as rules & regulations. Furthermore, you will support the local partner organizations and take over responsibility for capacity building measures in the sector of finance and administration. You will also support the program and assist the Program Coordinator in all finance, administrative and logistic aspects of the program management.
- Ensure compliance with Malteser International and donor standards, rules and regulations as well as financial, administrative and logistic procedures during program/ project planning, implementation and closure and ensure that they are implemented, used and adhered to
- Supervise and monitor relevant staff to ensure that Malteser International administration, logistic and finance systems are in place and applied and provide training as necessary
- Ensure sound planning and preparation of budgets, amendments and forecasts together with the Program Coordinator and the partner organizations
- Monitor the financial management and provide support, training and advice to program/project teams working closely together with the local partners and administrative staff
- Review, approve and submit donor financial reports/liquidations and ensure that they are prepared in line with Malteser International and donor reporting requirements (German and European donors)
- Support and strengthen the administrative capacity of new and existing partners to ensure their operations meet Malteser International and donor rules and regulations
- Assist the Program Coordinator in human resource management, establishing and enforcing compliance with national staff policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist the Iraq Team in the human resource management and recruitment and make sure HR policies and staff rules and regulations are in line with national law
- Ensure correct utilization of Malteser and donor procurement guidelines, supply chain management forms and oversee fleet management
- Coordinate fleet management to ensure that vehicles are insured, assets are managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicles internal equipment are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly supervised, and recorded
- Minimum 5 years work experience in financial and administrative management
- In depth knowledge of financial control systems, accounting, budget planning and financial reporting in humanitarian aid projects
- University degree in Business administration, or other relevant studies desirable
- Proven experience in administrative standards and requirements of donors (German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), German Foreign Office, UN, ECHO)
- Proven field experience
- Ability to be a flexible team player in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Good training/ capacity building and management skills
- Focused individual with capacity to plan and manage in a multiple deadline-working environment
- Physical and mental strength
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office, accounting software), ability to implement new software packages in field locations
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Language skills in German, Kurdish or Arabic would be a strong asset
- Start date: December 1st, 2018
- Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
- Duration of contract: 4 months (extendable to 2 years) due to donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house, R&R, one flight home/year
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2zvUQDI Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until November 25th, 2018.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
D-51103 Cologne / Germany
Humanitäre Hilfe, Verwaltung/Management
Malteser Hilfsdienst e.V. - Malteser International (Malteser)
Malteser International ist das internationale Hilfswerk des Malteserordens für humanitäre Hilfe weltweit. …[mehr]