Program Coordinator in Erbil, Iraq
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International is working in Iraq since 2014, mainly through local partner organisations. Malteser International is now starting a new large-scale program to encourage the return of displaced minorities to the Ninewa Plains. While the program will initially have a strong focus on the repair and reconstruction of damaged houses, over time it will be broadened to an integrated regional development program.
In support of our work in Iraq, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Erbil based Program Coordinator
As a Program Coordinator you will support the Team Leader in the management and coordination of the overall program, ensuring and maintaining compliance with Malteser International and donor quality and accountability standards. You will partially be responsible to supervise and guide the program team to achieve set targets. Furthermore, you will be co-responsible to write high quality reports on program status and achievements. You will work closely together with the Program and Administration Team under the overall responsibility of the Team Leader.
- Lead the identification of potential partners (NGOs, academia, private sector) and conduct partner assessments, ensuring that partners are selected in alignment with strategic priorities of Malteser International
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with project partners, and provide technical support to ensure that different projects components are well aligned and integrated
- Conduct capacity building and mentorship to ensure projects partners are capable to implement projects and accomplishing quality results
- Support project partners in developing and implementing Monitoring & Evaluation systems of project progress, financial management and reporting
- Support Team Leader in producing project progress reports and donor reports
- Conduct knowledge management: documenting and sharing project information and lessons learned between partners and stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in project management and partner coordination is required.
- University degree in a related field (Social Sciences, Project Management)
- Skills in project management, monitoring, report writing and capacity building of partners are required.
- Experience with programs in shelter, livelihood support or social cohesion is an added value
- Experience in advocacy and networking is an advantage.
- Proven field experience and proven experience in working with international donors (German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), German Foreign Office)
- Ability of working in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to be a flexible team player in a multicultural environment
- Focused individual with capacity to plan and manage in a multiple deadline-working environment
- Physical and mental strength
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Language skills in German, Kurdish or Arabic would be a strong asset
- Start date: October 1st, 2018
- Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
- Duration of contract: 6 months (extendable to 2 years) due to donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2xaip4v. Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until September 30th, 2018.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
Malteser Hilfsdienst e.V. - Malteser International (Malteser)
Malteser International ist das internationale Hilfswerk des Malteserordens für humanitäre Hilfe weltweit. …[mehr]