Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Safety & Security Advisor (m/f/d)
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
To support our global work in ensuring the safety and security management system MI is looking for a
Safety & Security Advisor (m/f/d)
As Safety & Security Advisor (SSA) you will focus on the operational mechanisms of organizational safety and security policies and ensure processes are up to date, communicated and effectively socialized within MI regional teams. You will lead on strategic and operational management of safety and security for MI staff and support the set-up of safety and security plans and crisis management plans. Furthermore, you will support emergency relief missions and capacity building of MI staff in safety and security procedures.
- Conduct security assessments and ensure minimum operating security standards and procedures are implemented and kept within MI (for instance Security Risk Analysis and MOSS)
- Ensure capacity building for MI staff and develop a culture of security risk awareness across MI
- Advise and support the headquarters, field offices and local humanitarian partners in managing safety & security, crisis management, incident management and post incident management
- Support field offices to maintain up-to-date Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures and Contingency Plans in accordance with the MI´s security guidelines
- Ensure security risk assessments during emergency relief missions and in volatile contexts and present recommendations
- Monitor evolutions in MI´s working environment (political, security, and economic situations in the countries MI is operating) and shares regular context updates
- Maintain active contact with safety & security counterparts from peer agencies and relevant organisations (UNDSS, INSO, etc.) and represents MI in relevant interagency security coordination meetings
- Provide critical recommendations to the management of all MI programs including the designation of access, location risk ratings and acceptable levels of operational security risk and risk mitigation measures.
- A formal security qualification or appropriate security management training
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience in security management, previous working experience with humanitarian organizations is an advantage
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and their application in humanitarian security risk management
- Proven experience of risk assessment, incident reporting, incident mapping, information collation and analysis, and security technology
- Proven written and analytical skills and able to read political and reference maps
- Ability to use digital tools to streamline management of security processes (policies, SOPs, etc.) and information sharing
- Ability and willingness to travel also to high-risk security environments
- Professional proficiency in English and a good command of German; knowledge of French and Spanish would be an asset
- Identification with our values as a catholic organisation
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A responsible and exciting job in a committed, international working environment, mainly based in Cologne, Germany
- A modern, well-equipped workplace and a subsidy for public transport
- Flexible working hours and mobile working by arrangement as well as a good reconciliation of work and family life
- An employment contract limited to two years with the option of extension; part-time work is possible (75-100%)
- Adequate compensation according to AVR-Caritas including Christmas and holiday pay, child allowance as well as a company pension scheme and other social benefits
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT OUR JOB PORTAL.
Please submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and references) online via our job portal until 30 November 2021.
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration in the case of equal suitability in accordance with the legal basis.
Malteser Hilfsdienst e.V. - Malteser International (Malteser)
Malteser International ist das internationale Hilfswerk des Malteserordens für humanitäre Hilfe weltweit. …[mehr]