Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Junior Project Manager (m/f/d) in International Development Cooperation with a technical focus on Economic Development and/or Public Sector Support
Particip GmbH is a private consultancy firm in the field of international development cooperation. Particip implements projects worldwide, in Africa, Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our services cover a broad range of areas, including economic development, public administration, public finance, support for aid management, social and human development, education, environment, communication as well as monitoring & evaluation. Since our establishment in 1989, we have managed more than 1,800 projects in over 150 countries. Our multi-disciplinary teams work for international organisations, such as the European Union, World Bank, and national development agencies, such as GIZ and KfW.
For our head office in Freiburg, Germany, we are currently looking for a Junior Project Manager (m/f/d) in International Development Cooperation with a technical focus on Economic Development and/or Public Sector Support. Starting date is 15 November or 1 December.
Scope of responsibilities and tasks
The Junior Project Management (JPM) position at Particip head office in Freiburg aims at training young academic professionals to become a Project Manager in international development cooperation. In most cases, the JPM works in a tandem with more experienced permanent staff. The JPM fulfils the following main responsibilities and tasks:
- Support for the management of projects in development cooperation at the Particip head office (technical management, administrative and contractual management, financial controlling, financial administration of projects etc.)
- Support for the management and oversight of our international project teams worldwide
- Liaison and networking with clients, implementation partners, service providers and project staff worldwide
- Support for business development as an important element of the daily work (such as business opportunity tracking, identification, and recruitment of consultants for our project teams, preparation of administrative and technical tender documents, supporting the drafting of tender methodologies, preparation of financial budgets, etc.)
- Contribution to internal knowledge sharing and capitalization
Qualifications and skills
Please only apply if you fulfil the following essential criteria:
- English: very good (minimum requirement C1)
- French: very good (minimum requirement C1)
- German: good
- Other languages would be an asset
- Master’s degree
- Strong command of Word and Excel
Assets that we will consider as desired criteria include:
- Economics / Business Administration
- Public administration
- International development
- Political sciences
- Or a related field
- Excellent self-organisation skills and readiness to work on multiple tasks simultaneously towards deadlines
- Affinity for project management
- Proven conceptual and writing skills (including good university grades)
- Strong intercultural, communication and networking skills
- Good team spirit
- Previous exposure to international development from work with an international consultancy or a Development Partner would be an asset
- Work or study experience abroad
Why work for Particip? The management of change is a challenge that we are successfully committed to. Supporting transformation processes worldwide is at the very core of our services. We offer a multi-cultural work environment at the office and with our project teams world-wide. A rewarding work environment, flexible working hours as well as a pleasant work atmosphere in a beautiful area of Germany are further advantages that we offer our employees.
We look forward to hearing from you! Send your application by 21.10.2021* to Lena Fraser-Landmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Junior Project Manager Team Blue November 2021.
Your application should include: Cover letter (maximum 1 page) highlighting the most relevant experience and soft skills; CV in English; Complete set of supporting documents (high school degree, academic degree(s), work certificates)
Only applications that fulfil the profile’s essential requirements will be responded to.
*Please note that we are screening incoming applications regularly and might fill the position before the application deadline.
Particip GmbH (Particip)
Particip GmbH - Your Partner in Change is an independent, internationally-recognised consultancy company, offering the expertise and the know-how gained in over thousand assignments worldwide.…[mehr]